Together we are taking a stand against the Coronavirus. The health and safety of our customers, employees, and the public are a priority of Downsize My Home. We will follow the CDC guidelines as it relates to the workplace and home, including COVID-19 prevention and containment. These best practices were established to supplement the CDC guidelines.
Our procedures if an employee shows symptoms or is sick:
- Employees are required to take their temperature before arriving at the job site.
- Employees with a fever above 99.5 must stay home.
- If an employee has a fever above 99.5, they are requested to get tested for the Coronavirus.
- If an associate has symptoms of respiratory illness (such as coughing and fever), they will not come to work until they no longer have such symptoms, regardless of cause, and are free of a fever for at least 24 hours.
- If an employee has been in an area with someone who has the Coronavirus, they may not return to work for 15 days from the last interaction.
- If an associate is on the job and either arrives with symptoms or become sick during the day, they will return home.
Best practices we follow on the job:
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean hands often with a hand sanitizer that has at least 60 – 95% alcohol
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival at the client’s home, community or other workplaces.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer when leaving client’s home or workplace
- Wipe down any areas that are commonly and frequently touched such as light switches and doorknobs when leaving the client’s home or workplace
- Wear masks and maintain social distancing when working directly with a client.
- Team leads will request that any contractor working in the client’s home follow the above guidelines
We have safely completed 2 moves in the past 4 weeks by taking additional precautions with our clients and staff. For more details about how we can safely pack, unpack and set up homes, call Kim Stanley at 512-296-3598.
IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO NEEDS DELIVERY OF FOOD, PRESCRIPTIONS OR OTHER ERRANDS, WE WILL VOLUNTEER OUR SERVICES WITHIN OUR SERVICE AREA WHILE WE ARE IN SHUT-DOWN. WE’RE HERE TO HELP!